Friday 20 January 2012

My First Post, Ever.

So I guess this is blogging eh?

I can honestly say that this is my first personal blog and blog post that actually serves relevance to me. I can start out by introducing myself, and work towards something a bit more interesting (in my mind anyways).

Without pointing out the obvious, my name is Cody Skrzypkowski and I am currently a 3rd year Advertising and Integrated Marketing student at St. Lawrence College, or as me and my friends like to call it, #St.Larrys. The world of marketing and advertising holds great interest with me, as it is so unpredictable: meaning adaptation is crucial. The concept of making someone relate to your brand, have interest in your brand and want your brand fascinates me. With further interest in sales and event marketing, you could say I’m the full package (or is that too cocky a remark?).

While currently working as a server at the Keg Steakhouse and Bar, I’ve been able to further advance my already strong interpersonal skills (still too cocky?). My job allows me to get to know all personality types, from laid back and casual to eccentric and loud. Going to work lets me know how to cope with different people, in different circumstances everyday; fellow Keggers included. These are skills I would someday like to see put into full effect when in the world of marketing and sales.

I have a passion for snowboarding (as you will soon find out), I am obsessed with music (just ask my friends), I like to cook and enjoy looking good from time to time. I am obsessed with You Tube (again, ask my friends), which contributes to 99% of my procrastinating. I have a great aspiration to travel, which in the upcoming years will hopefully take me around the world and back.

So I guess that’s it…my first blog post, which to be honest wasn’t all that bad. Keep updated on my blog for more info about me, my interests and to see something cool from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. First of all I love the hash tag #stlarrys, I think I may be the only one in the class that understands it. I really liked the part about how you have developed diverse skills from working at the Keg. I never thought about how you could adapt that into marketing, but now I see how. I am excited to read more of your blogs because I know they are going to be about snowboarding and music. Two things we both share passion for. Great first blog! Looking forward to the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete